Monday, June 06, 2005

Hold the phone!

Ever since that first phone call from Eddie, things have just been amazing. He and I have talked twice more since - both times for over an hour! I also spoke to my audiologist this morning (He called to change my appointment time tommorrow morning.)And he was flabbergasted to be talking to me on the phone. Its ONLY been 2 months since activation and I'm exceeding all expectations (his AND mine) for this implant.

Tommorrow, he says he's going to make some "massive improvements" on my existing program so I'm interested in seeing what's going to be done. Maybe they found a way to re-add in the 5 electrodes that we don't have activated because of the facial nerve bleed-thru(with those electrodes active, I get a facial tic every time they are activated by a sound, so we have them deactivated at the moment.) We'll see what happens. :)

In the meantime I'm just enjoying actually being able to talk on the phone again - Its just blowing me away every day!

Dad got things set up outside so I can sit on the patio, and listen to my CD's out there and it just totally rocks. I've never been so happy in my life :)

No comments: